Thursday, January 1, 2009

saturday



















You could get the music papers ALL OVER THE UK. So everyone knew where everyone was playing just by looking at a few pages in the press each week.
See towards the bottom left - Dr Feelgood was playing in Southend with Mink DeVille.
I was at that gig. I'm trying to remember who drove me there. We even went in to see the first band which wasn't really what you were supposed to do. You were supposed to stay in the bar till the main band came on. I remember Willie De Ville wore purple satin. We stood at the back.
But for Dr Feelgood we went straight to the front.
WILKO was so exciting I could hardly stand it.
He would walk forwards and backwards playing his guitar and every now and then JUMP in the air - really high. It was really exciting. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

No comments:

Post a Comment