Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Some Old Guys, Christmas in New York namely Dennis and Lois and Amy and Eric and John Cooper Clark


These photos are from New York, Christmas 2017, when I went to visit.
John Cooper Clark was at the Public Theatre.
My friends and I (thank you for the ticket Beth Broun) went along.

After the show I had a burning question for John Cooper Clark. 
I happened to forget my scarf and, as luck would have it, when I went back in the theatre to get it, there he was talking to Dennis and Lois. Now they are the couple who met at a Ramones gig at CBGBs and haven't stopped rocking since. They are often seen doing merch at Mekons gigs. Often? Well, years and years and years actually. There is actually a film about them. And it's LOVELY (take tissues)
John CC happened to tell me he was a big fan of Amy Rigby's new record (The Old Guys) and was playing it all the time. 
Did he know she was outside? 
No, he didn't. 
So I went to get them.
This is the record John Cooper Clark was playing by the way The Old Guys by Amy Rigby 
It just so happened that Dennis happens to be a HUGE fan of Wreckless Eric. They had a lovely chat. 
In the foyer Dennis couldn't help tidying up the merch table which had been abandoned - and which for NYC was pretty cool that nobody was stealing anything.








No comments:

Post a Comment