Monday, January 28, 2019

About Last Friday and a few days before that

It was John Cooper Clarke's birthday last Friday.
One night in SoHo I happened to see John Cooper Clark at an event launching The Clash's Box Set.
He happened to be going home with Johnny Green and JG happened to be parked in the same parking garage as me.
Close to him you realise just how very very thin he is. I almost considered throwing him over my
shoulder and making a run for it, taking him home and feeding him something substantial. When we stood by the ticket machine to pay for our parking I asked him exactly what would he want if I was to make him dinner.  He told me he couldn't eat much these days and fish and chips was definitely off the menu. He can't do fried food.
So there you go. That's what he told me.
And cos Johnny Green is a big bloke, I had the feeling I wouldn't have got too far, so I just paid my ticket and drove home by myself.
Last year I was in New York and he had written this about people who remarked on his weight:


No comments:

Post a Comment