Friday, September 21, 2018

Where are We Now .. It's his world and you're invited ... Dick O'Dell has a radio show



So Dick O'Dell and I sat down at brunch for the most perfect eggs benedict in West London yesterday and I was telling him that I transcribed an interview with Iggy Pop yesterday. (That's my day job.)
I was just saying that I particularly liked the bit where Iggy Pop was living with David Bowie on Hauptstrasse in Berlin and they decided to go shopping for art supplies together and do a bit of painting. I could just imagine what fun it would have been to have hung out with Iggy Pop if I was David Bowie and the ting a ling of the shop door and the paint supplies and Iggy looking through the "How to Paint like Frank Foster" or someone ...
when .... I KID YOU NOT the song that started to play in the restaurant was WHERE ARE WE NOW? The very song that Bowie wrote remembering his time in Berlin.
Brought tears to my eyes. 
"Steady," said Dick.
What are the chances?

Anyway - this is just the sort of thing that's happening on Dick's Soho Radio Show.
He's produced four wonderful episodes so far, talking about his adventures and his life and playing songs that bring the past to the current ... It's his world and you're invited. 


Today he is going to record the Fifth 'chapter' as it were and I do believe it goes out on Saturday.
Dick is just about to move into his 1974 chapter ... YES Roxy Music. NO Rod Stewart (and so on :) ... what will he play?
 


You can catch up here ....
Dick O'Dell's Soho Radio Show


No comments:

Post a Comment